Using the router with a straight cutting bit, I cut the wooden skeleton ribs needed for the template I described yesterday. Unfortunately, I just realized that I have no pictures to support this.
Once the pieces were trimmed to size, they were assembled with a nail gun and wood glue. Two sheets of wiggle board were tacked to the skeleton for one of the templates. Additional sheets were needed before I could continue with the other template. So in the meantime, I helped Ruben run a curved baseboard.
This baseboard was run using a horse on a long pivot. If run in its entirety, it would have formed a ten foot diameter circle, but the client only needed a two foot section. The weight of the material built on the core caused it to fail initially, but with a little bit of patience and elbow grease, it eventually built up nicely.
The end of the day was spent creating the wooden framework and prepping the burlap for the plaster shell of an extremely ornate cornice that several of the other plasterers were developing. The shell supports the rubber mould that was created after the plaster model was pointed and polished. The framework looks similar to a small ladder with alternating horizontal and vertical ribs. Again, a picture would help, so I’ll work on that.